Saturday, October 24, 2009

Joining In

Hi everyone,

My name is Vickie Doty and I am one of the non-traditional students in Boise State University's College of Education. I want to teach in the elementary grades. I have been in classrooms from Kindergarten - 5th grade and truthfully I love them all. I had the opportunity to teach in a private school for three years; it was that experience which confirmed for me that education was my calling, so here I am!

The classroom is a dynamic environment and I believe that technology is a natural fit regardless of age or grade level, most of the students in our classrooms couldn't even envision a world without it! Teaching students to how to use these resources, how to create tools that enhance their own learning, is where I want to focus my instruction.

Plato wrote, "Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul" and I believe that learning occurs in each student the same way. As teachers we provide the curriculum and instruction but what our students take from it, is as unique and different as each student. For me, teaching students how to use technology is teaching them one more way to to craft wings for their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment