Sunday, October 25, 2009

Technology or Bust.

Hi, my name is Chad Collings. I just recently changed my major from chemical engineering to secondary education. I have yet to decide what i want to teach or where I want to teach it, but I do know that regardless of what decision I make that technology will play a valuable role in the classroom. There are so many people these days that just don't have the slightest clue of what is going on around them technologically. And if you do not keep up with what is the "new thing" then you are going to continuously fall behind. Even things as simple as we are learning in our Edtech class, where it may seem simple to us, are very crucial for the upcoming teacher to know. If the new teachers coming into the industry do not know how to convey information to students, or worse don't know how to communicate with the students as they may have a better understanding of the technology than the teachers do themselves, then how are we supposed to grow the minds of young individuals? I think that a constant refresher coarse needs to be offered and required to anyone and everyone in the education world. I consider myself to be pretty technologically savvy, but there are still many things I have to learn and will have to continue to learn as the years go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment