Monday, October 26, 2009

Learning to Love Excel

Hey! My name is Autumn Garza. I am a sophomore at Boise State University and am in my 4th semester. I plan to teach 1st grade but have back up plans if, for some reason, there are no teaching jobs available.When I began this class and had to get on excel I got really frustrated and worried I wasn't going to be able to do it. I can do anything on Word or the internet but excel is a program I used to stay away from. I was amazed, this far, at how much we are able to do with excel! I never knew! I want to continue making assignments and notes with excel for my students. You have a lot more creativity available to you with excel, and you can make the assignments a lot more fun when it comes to looks and colors & other things that 1st graders will actually enjoy doing or looking at. :)I love the idea of using excel to do assignments that students can do online, like in the library where I am there for help.

2 comments:

  1. yes! finally able to post! :)
    Thanks for helpin me with that kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad. What have the blog kings got against you? Is there anything you want to confess? JK :) I am so happy you got to join us even though your blog is totally cute!

    ReplyDelete